12 Days of Halloween - Countdown to the big day!
Updated: Feb 9, 2021
Halloween is almost here, and if you're anything like me, you're super excited! I have always loved this holiday, it's just so much fun. There are countless activities you can take part of, even if you're choosing to adhere to social distancing this season! Today I want to show you an adorable Halloween book I recently bought** and go over some super fun themed activities.
Do you have any Halloween traditions or favorite things to do? Carving pumpkins? Going through your Halloween goodies from the attic to try and pick what you want to be when you trick or treat? Trick or Treating!? This book shows off some of those fun holiday traditions in a fun way, like the 12 days of Christmas.
This year, I think it would be really fun to have a COUNTDOWN. Check out some of these ideas below for a fun countdown to Halloween.
Super quick and easy one that doesn't require any crafting, this free printable!:
Check out this Halloween Countdown Paper Chain:
My favorite is this adorable witch countdown paper chain craft:
I bet this would be cute in a wide variety of Halloween themed characters!
Are you struggling to come up with some fun things to do this October? Check out some of these fun ideas fit for 2020:
- BOO some neighbors! Leave small gifts for them on their porch to let them know you're thinking about them even if you're not being as social as in years past.
- Have a family spooky movie night complete with themed snacks! (Stay tuned for some yummy and festive holiday recipes!)
- Speaking of themed snacks... frost some awesome Halloween cookies with the family, this can be so much fun!
- Carve, paint or otherwise decorate pumpkins.
- Dance Party! Turn on a Halloween playlist and use up some energy showing off your dance moves. - If you're feeling up for it, and it is currently allowed by local ordinances, find a socially distanced outdoor gathering! There have been masked up, contact free, events near me including drive in movies and packaged goodie gifting. If you choose to do things like this, make sure you properly adhere to CDC guidelines and quarantine as necessary. :) - Do some crafting!! This is always a favorite for me. (Stay tuned for some cute Halloween and Fall crafts.)
- Don't forget to do some decorating! What better way to get in the spirit of the holiday than to immerse yourself in it.
- Cant be with the people you want to celebrate with? Host a virtual night.
Have any other ideas? What things do you want to do this holiday?
Let me know! Use the hashtag #LearningFunWithLaura so I don't miss it.
**If you're interested in grabbing a copy of this book, I bought a copy for only $2.37 at Book Outlet.